2018 Port-Promoted Events
- April 28, 2018: Dragon Boat Festival,
- June 16-17, 2018:
- August 3, 2018: Music on the Plaza,
- August 4, 2018: Olympia Brew Fest,
- August 17, 2018: Music on the Plaza,
- August 31 - September 2, 2018: Harbor Days, Percival Landing &
- September 8, 2018: Sip, Savor, Stroll, Port Plaza
- December 1, 2018: Light the Tower, Port Plaza
The Port of Olympia may provide community advertising and promotion support to qualifying organizations to be used for events and other activities that will positively market the Port and Port businesses, and the Port’s mission to support trade, tourism and economic development. Requests will be made in writing, using the application form, consistent with written procedures developed in accordance with this policy. Funds for community advertising and promotion are included in the annual budget, which is adopted in November. The level of Port participation will be tailored to match the anticipated benefit to the Port.
In order for the activity to be eligible for funding, all of the following must be met:
- Provide prominent advertising or promotion opportunities for the Port.
- Positively markets the Port’s mission to support trade, tourism and economic development.
- Aligns with the Port's mission and promotes the maritime, shipping, aviation, commercial, industrial, or other business of the Port.