Port of Olympia
Next Commission Meeting
The Port of Olympia has a proud history in Thurston County. It serves the community in a wide variety of ways, leading the way for many of the area’s economic development efforts.
From the commercial center at NewMarket Industrial Campus and the diversified specialty Marine Terminal to the vibrant Swantown Marina and Boatworks and the strategically located Olympia Regional Airport, the Port of Olympia is committed to fostering economic growth of the South Puget Sound region and serving the needs of global customers.
The mission of the Port of Olympia is to create economic opportunities by connecting Thurston County to the world by air, land and sea.
What is a Port?
A Port district in the State of Washington is a municipal corporation, organized under state law and authorized by a majority vote of the residents in the proposed district, and governed by a locally elected board of commissioners. The district can be as large as an entire county or as small as a city or town; its boundaries are defined when it is formed.
When ports were first formed in the early 1900s, their primary purpose was to provide facilities for marine transportation and commerce. Over the years, the Washington State Legislature has expanded the list of port powers and functions. Some ports deal with all aspects of economic development, others with only one or two. They may:
- Develop lands for industrial and commercial needs.
- Provide general economic development programs.
- Buy, lease and sell property.
- Provide air and water pollution control works.
- Operate trade centers and export trading companies.
- Establish and operate foreign trade zones.
- Promote tourism.
News & Events
Port of Olympia Events
- 3November 3, 2022 Commission Special Meeting/Executive Session: 4:00 PM4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- 4November 4, 2022 Port Commission Notice 6:00PM6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- 11Holiday – Port Offices ClosedAll Day
- 15November 15, 2022 Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting: 6:00 PM6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Please find all meeting details below.
Agenda and Zoom link information
- Meeting Minutes (coming soon)
- 24Holiday – Port Offices ClosedAll Day
- 25Holiday – Port Offices ClosedAll Day