November 13, 2023 Commission Meeting: 5:30 PM
Please find meeting details below.
Recorded videos of Commission meetings are available to view shortly after each meeting.
Written public comments may be submitted to email@example.com by 12:00 p.m. on the date of the meeting. All written comments will be compiled and sent to the Commissioners prior to the meeting.
Verbal public comment is accepted in person at the meeting.
If you are attending the meeting via Zoom, you may raise your hand during the meeting to give public comment.
For those listening by phone, press *9 if you wish to raise your hand and provide comment.
A. Call to Order
B. Pledge of Allegiance
C. Approval of Agenda
D. Executive Director Report
E. Public Comment
Individual public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. Members of the public may comment on agenda items and other port business.
NOTE: Guidelines for public comment can be found in the Commission Rules in Resolution Article VI.
- Comments should be directed to Commission: Comments should be directed to the Commission as a whole and should not include comments about individual Port staff or members of the public.
- Courtesy: All speakers (members of the public, Port staff, and Commissioners) shall be courteous in language and demeanor and shall confine remarks to those facts that are germane and relevant to the question or issue under discussion.
F. Consent Calendar
G. Pending Issues or Business
H. Action Calendar
I. Action/Other Calendar
1. 2023 Capital Budget Amendment
2. Contract Award – Asphalt Paving Open Order Contract
3. Public Comment on Action/Other Calendar
J. Advisory Calendar
1. Strategic Initiatives Update
2. PUBLIC HEARING – Draft 2024 Proposed Operating Budget, Capital Investment Plan and Tax Levy – Tad Kopf, Interim Director of Finance
Pursuant to RCW 53.35.020, the Port of Olympia has prepared the Port’s 2024 draft budget. The draft budget was presented in public meetings on October 16, 23, and November 6, 2023 and shall be considered during tonight’s public hearing, on November 20 as needed, and at the regular public meeting on November 27, 2023. The Commission will meet on November 27, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. to adopt the Port’s final 2024 budget of the Port of Olympia for the 2024 calendar year. The draft budget is on file at the Port of Olympia offices at Percival Plaza, 606 Columbia Street NW, Suite 300, Olympia, Washington and any member of the public may obtain a copy of the preliminary budget at this address during normal business hours. A summary of the budget is also available on the Port’s website www.portolympia.com.
a. Open Public Hearing
b. Accept Public Testimony
c. Close Public Hearing
4. Public Comment on Advisory Calendar
K. Commissioner Reports/Discussion
L. Other Business
M. Meeting Announcements