Thurston County residents have a variety of opportunities for participating in their Port, from communicating directly with their Commissioners, to volunteering, to enjoying the sites and views on the waterfront.
- Communicate with your Commissioners by email, phone or letter about your ideas for the Port. Attend Port Commission Meetings when a matter is of interest to you. Budget hearings typically occur in the fall of each year.
- Apply to serve on the Port of Olympia Citizens Advisory Committee. Vacancies are typically announced in May-June of most years.
- Invite a Port Speaker to meet with your group.
- Take a tour of the working waterfront as an individual or as a group.
- Adopt A Garden and beautify a small piece of Port property for your community.
- Boy Scouts can receive professional assistance on planning and completing their Eagle Scout Projects at the Port.
- Enjoy Community Events promoted by the Port. Most events occur in late spring and summer.
- Enjoy the outdoor trails and plazas on Port property in downtown Olympia.
- Swantown Marina & Boatworks attracts boaters, kayakers, rowers and picnickers as well as walkers enjoying the trails and the scenery.
- Golfers can play 9 holes at the Airport Golf & Batting Center located on Port property in Tumwater.
- Experience the Museums on Port properties: Olympic Flight Museum at the Olympia Regional Airport and Hands On Children’s Museum in the East Bay District.
- Shops and restaurants in the Market District attract residents and visitors year-round and the Farmers Market is an attraction during 9 months of the year.